Gobta (ゴブタ Gobuta) is a Hobgoblin who belongs to the first group that was named by Rimuru Tempest is one of the first martial art students of Hakurou ever since the latter evolved into a Kijin. Gobta lives in the Capital city of the Jura Tempest Federation: Rimuru City.
In the anime, Rimuru notes that Gobta does not seem to change the same way as the other Goblins during the evolution to Hobgoblin and actually retains his physical appearance; he is described as looking like a Goblin child. That does not seem to fool other monsters, however, as Gabiru correctly recognized Gobta as a Hobgoblin upon their first meeting, rather than mistaking him for a Goblin. One of the many goblins named by Rimuru, and the only one who still looks like a regular goblin after evolving into a hobgoblin. 
Though he's considered a fool, he proves to be a very competent individual when the situation calls for it. His prowess on the battlefield surprises many. He is a natural airhead and an idiot but has a hidden genius. As the Goblin Riders' vice-captain and later captain, he is actually unexpectedly brilliant. He is a heavy sleeper, While he and Rimuru are detained in the Dwarf Kingdom, he sleeps through the entire imprisonment. In the anime, during his fight with Gabiru, Rimuru wonders if Gobta isn't actually a prodigy of some sort. Not only does he still look like a goblin after being named, but his head and nose are also more round-shaped.
During his journey to Dwargon, four months prior to Rimuru's involvement, he was beaten black and blue, then he got picked up by a group of Kobold merchants. If they hadn't found him, he might have died. However, during the entire journey, Gobta showed a great amount of good luck.
To Be Added.
- Gobta is one of (if not the only) Hobgoblin to retain his original appearance after evolution (or experience no real changes).
- Rimuru was running out of ideas when naming him, so his name derives from "goblin".
- Gobta is the first Hobgoblin who was able to summon his Star Wolf companion.
- During his fight with Gabiru, he uses the same kick that Rimuru used on him a few episodes prior which is an example of his fighting genius.
- During his fight with Gabiru, Gobta manage to utilize Shadow Step just from seeing it a few times, showing that Gobta can easily learn Skills if he subconsciously deems them necessary.
- A running gag in the light novel (and to a lesser extent the manga and anime) is that nearly every time Rimuru turns away from Gobta, when he turns back, Gobta's taking a nap. This leads directly to Gobta being the first goblin to be able to summon his wolf companion, which he did so because... they left him tied up as a punishment for sleeping and he really really had to pee.