Gobta「ゴブタ, Gobuta」is a hobgoblin and is Rimuru Tempest's follower. He is the only one of Rimuru's followers to be given the right to officially "converse in casual tone" with Rimuru which lead to intense jealousy from Shion and Shuna (two of Rimuru's greatest admirers).
In the anime, Rimuru notes that Gobta does not seem to change the same way as the other Goblins during the evolution to Hobgoblin and actually retains his physical appearance; he is described as looking like a Goblin child.
Though he's considered a fool, he proves to be a very competent individual when the situation calls for it. His prowess on the battlefield surprises many.
He is a natural airhead and an idiot but has a hidden genius. As the Goblin Rider's captain, he is actually unexpectedly brilliant.
In the anime, during his fight with Gabiru, Rimuru wonders if Gobta isn't actually a prodigy of some sort.
During his journey to Dwargon, four months prior to Rimuru's involvement, he was beaten black and blue, then he got picked up by a group of Kobold merchants. If they hadn't found him, he might have died.
- Gobta is one of (if not the only) Hobgoblin to retain his original appearance after evolution (or experience no real changes).
- Gobta is the first Hobgoblin who was able to summon his Star Wolf companion.
- During his fight with Gabiru, he uses the same kick that Rimuru used on him a few episodes prior which is an example of his fighting genius.
- During his fight with Gabiru, he uses some of the same shadow techniques that Souei uses, despite there being no mention of Souei training him to use them.
- It seems that Gobta is able to witness an action or move and copy it. This is what impressed both Karion and Milim during his training with them.