"Marionette Master" Clayman is a self-proclaimed Demon Lord and one of the members the Ten Great Demon Lords. He is a ghastly man, infamous for his acts of manipulating his friends and subordinates like dolls.
Clayman has an overall appearance of a scheming wealthy noble, which is a given since he lives in a castle. He has a slim, oblong head with a sharp chin and defined jawlines, having a pair of pointed ears on either side. His eyebrows are so thin that one may sometimes confuse the yellow markings on his forehead as his eyebrows instead.
His getup involves a three-layered tuxedo, having an overall white color scheme.
Clayman is a cunning and manipulative Demon Lord. He prefers to manipulate things in the background rather than get into conflict himself. He specializes in intelligence gathering with the use of his ability in order to perfect his scheme to obtain more power.
Clayman treats his subordinates and those he considers below him very poorly. He would throw away those who are no longer useful to him and force others to submit using his unique skill.
300 years ago, He became one of the Ten Great Demon Lords with Kazaream's help. The moment he became a Demon Lord, he began hunting down Majin and monsters to steal their hearts (literally). Making them swear loyalty to him, he inscribed a curse onto their hearts, making them his eternal servants.
After Kazaream was defeated by Leon, Clayman hadn't received any words from him for a long time, until he met a mysterious patron who offered the resurrection of Kazaream in exchange of Moderate Harlequin Alliance's help in taking over the world.
Forest Disturbance Arc
Clayman was the true mastermind behind the Orc Disaster incident, hoping to gain a puppet Demon Lord to help give him an edge against other Demon Lord. He helped Gelmud and introduced him to the Moderate Harlequin Alliance.
Demon Lord Attack
After his plan failed, the Demon Lords agreed to abolish the nonaggression pact over The Great Jura Forest and to each sent out their own forces to gather info upon the new powers rising in the forest. He chose to send out Myulan to spy on the victors of the Orc Disaster incident.
He then received news from Tear that Frey is worried about the return of Charybdis. He chose to manipulate the beastman Phobio to be the new host of Charybdis so that it may attack Milim who was residing inside the Jura Tempest Federation. His plan succeeded as Milim managed to defeat Charybdis, earning him a favor from Demon Lord Frey.
Demon Lord Awakening
Clayman started plotting a war between humans and monsters wanting it to result in Tempest's demise, and to collect the souls to awaken him into a True Demon Lord. He ordered Myulan to cast a great magic spell and create an anti-magic barrier to isolate the country from outside contact. However, his plan failed when Rimuru Tempest managed to destroy the army of Farmus Kingdom and became a Demon Lord.
Clayman was also plotting the end of the beastmen, ordering Milim to destroy Karion and his country. He managed to do this by controlling Milim with the orb of domination. Afterward, Clayman threatened Frey to follow his order lest she becomes Milim's next target.
The Octagram Soars Brightly
Clayman chose to ignore his friend's warning to not be reckless and attacked Yuurazania, unfortunately, he wasn't able to kill even a single citizen as many of them had sought refuge in Jura Tempest Federation.
Believing that Rimuru is actually weak and only used Veldora's resurrection to proclaim himself a Demon Lord, Clayman called for a Walpurgis Banquet in order to put Rimuru down. However, to his surprise, Demon Lord Ramiris asked for Rimuru to be able to attend the banquet himself and other demon lords agreed to this decision.
Clayman sent his army along with Milim's follower to attack Jura Tempest Federation, while he went to the Walpurgis Banquet. However, his plan was revealed and he was betrayed by Milim and Frey who explains that his orb of domination had failed to work on Milim. Angry at the fact that he was manipulated, Clayman managed to awaken new powers only to be defeated and killed by Rimuru Tempest.
Kazaream: Clayman's master and creator. Kazaream was the one who turned him into a Demon Lord 300 years ago. Even after becoming a Demon Lord, Clayman still moved following his instructions. Kazaream saw much of himself in Clayman, as he was created to be a schemer much like Kazaream himself.
Laplace: His friend and workmate. Clayman always wished to become as strong as his friends.
Tear: His friend and workmate. Clayman always wished to become as strong as his friends.
Footman: His friend and workmate. Clayman always wished to become as strong as his friends.
Adalman: The Index Finger, head of defense forces in Clayman's castle. Clayman's accursed magic had greatly boosted his power as a monster, transforming him from a wight into a wight king. Adalman is cursed to follow Clayman's order and destroy any intruders.
Yamza: The Middle Finger, the top lieutenant within Clayman's vanguard. He willingly swore loyalty to Clayman.
Piorra: The Pinky Finger, the spy and intelligence collector for Clayman.
Clayman is weaker than the other Moderate Harlequin Alliance, but he had been created with better brainpower which made him more suited as a commander and strategist.
- This ability can convert information into encrypted communications as it conducted surveillance over a wide area. Deploying a member of his team to an area allowed them to function as his eyes and ears to gather intelligence.
- Marionette Dance: This ability allows him to make dolls out of majins whose souls he stole. Marionette Dolls can immediately regenerate and continue to attack if destroyed. However, these dolls aren't protected against attacks to their souls.
- Intrinsic Skill of Walking Dead: He can connect his astral body to the ley lines to keep his consciousness and memories protected so even if he loses his physical body, he'll never truly die as long as his soul is still intact.
- Dragon Pulse Death Canon: The Youki gathered around the ground with the addition of his own magicule allows the pulse of the earth to be transformed into beams of disturbance effect to attack the enemy. Beams projected from Dragon Pulse Death Canon rises from the ground like a flying dragon. Anyone caught in it would have their arrangement of magicules thrown into chaos, destroying them from the inside. Physical resistance would be useless, and even a magical Barrier would be instantly smashed.
- Giant Magic Missile: Using the energy from his awakening, Clayman can fire a massive ball of magical energy.
- ↑ LN Vol 5, Chapter 3.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 LN Vol 3, Chapter 4.
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 LN Vol 6, Chapter 5.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 LN Vol 3, Prologue.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 LN Vol 2, Chapter 7.
- ↑ LN Vol 3, Epilogue.
- ↑ LN Vol 5, Chapter 2.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 LN Vol 5, Epilogue.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 LN Vol 6, Interlude.
- ↑ LN Vol 6, Chapter 2.